I can edit a broad variety of document types. Some examples:
- academic manuscripts
- English translations
- web copy
- personal statements
For any document type, I can:
- proofread for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and word usage errors, and make appropriate corrections.
- suggest improvements to organization, argument, tone, etc.
- help you rephrase awkward passages.
- improve your manuscript’s consistency.
- highlight ambiguous passages and ask you clarifying questions, so that we can find a more effective way of communicating your message.
- leave substantive feedback, if I’m familiar with your field.
- provide personalized writing/grammar tips in the margins — so you can improve as a writer and save time in the future!
For academic documents, I can also:
- ensure that your manuscript matches the style guidelines of your choice.
- cross-check in-text citations with Works Cited section.
- proofread tables and figures for spelling, punctuation, etc.
Please do not expect me to:
- write any academic paper for you, or any section thereof. (Exception: if you are a creative professional in need of a blend of copyediting and copywriting for your brand, we can work together.)
- analyze your data, conduct research, and/or fact-check; if I notice an obviously implausible detail, I’ll let you know. However, otherwise, my services are strictly limited to copyediting and writing consultation.
- verify that you have cited the appropriate sources for your document; this is your job, as the author. Any misattributed citations in your final draft are not my responsibility.
- work with plagiarism-checking websites: if you are already worried that your document might fail a plagiarism screen, please consult a colleague or adviser for help. I do not work with plagiarized documents.
- “rewrite” other authors’ work to make it “your own” — if you are asking someone to do this for you, the work is not your own.
Delivering impeccable work is of paramount importance to me. Hence, if I don’t believe I can help with your project for any reason, I will tell you. I only accept a manuscript when I am certain that I can offer you a valuable service.